Criste, MCSCA’s admin and finance officer, says this is a very popular dish in the Filippino community in Alice Springs. Adobo can be made with different meats such as pork. When it is made with chicken, often whole eggs are included. Both chicken and pork adobo were served at Mabuhay Association celebrations for Australia Day 2020.
- Combine the pork, soy sauce and garlic. Cover and marinate for at least 1 hour.
- Heat the pot and put-in the marinated pork belly, cook for a few minutes.
- Pour in remaining marinade including garlic.
- Add the water, whole pepper corn and dried bay leaves then bring to a boil. Simmer for up to 1 hour.
- Put-in the vinegar and simmer for 15 minutes
- Add salt to taste
- Serve hot.
This delicious dish is best served over newly cooked jasmine rice.
Serves 4 people.
There are many variations to this recipe.